Since there is no App_Code directory, I am unable to get my generics class to appear in the datasources for an rdlc that I create in my WAP project.
I think there might be some limitation where we cannot use generics business objects as the datasource or reports since the WAP has no App_Code folder where the class must normally reside for the reporting datasources to pick it up as a datasource.
Any thoughts? This will prevent my company from moving to 2005!
Here is what someone else used to work around the problem:
- <div class=MsoNormal> Drop an ObjectDataSource on the form with the ReportViewer.</div>
- <div class=MsoNormal>Configure the ODS to use the TableAdapter associated with the source DataSet.</div>
- <div class=MsoNormal>In the Misc->LocalReport properties for the ReportViewer, select DataSources and click the ellipsis.</div>
- <div class=MsoNormal>In the ReportDataSource Collection Editor, click the Add button.</div>
- <div class=MsoNormal>In the properties for the new ReportDataSource, specify <DataSet>_<table> as the value for the Name property and the ID of the ODS as the value for the DataSourceId property.</div>
This results in the following ObjectDataSource tag:
And the following ReportViewer tag:
Hope this helps,
The problem with this is you are creating a business object datasource from a dataset.
My approach is using a class that returns a generics class of my class type. This normally is autodetected once compiled in a web site’s App_Code folder when you open an rdlc and look at the website datasource window.
It was confirmed that this is a bug with WAP’s that cannot be addressed until SP1. The bug is the WebsiteDatasource window does not appear or update with the WAP generics classes. I was told they are trying to find a workaround and will keep me posted.
I am correct in saying you are creating a dataset to bind to correct? This is not going to work for the generics report object datasource approach right?
Were you able to resolve this issue? I am also having the same issue. I have a ASP.net Web application (and not a web site) and I want my classes as the data source for the report, but the classes do not show up in the data source window. I need to have
a report and bind to my business objects..
Your response really appreciated.